*Please note that there is a £1.50 fee per transaction
Part of Animated Exeter
An ICA Artists Moving Image Network Screening
This group screening takes its title from the animation technique used to render movement realistic onscreen. It brings together a series of works that deal in, or are influenced by, animation, and its use in constructing hyper-real narratives and liminal spaces that flip between fact and fiction. On screen, a new generation of emerging artists mediate depictions of physical and psychological space, positioning the viewer in an uneasy world of illusion and trickery.
- Rosa Aiello: Serving, 2015, HD video, colour, sound, 9 min 48 sec
- Cécile B. Evans: Hyperlinks, or it didn’t happen, 2014, HD video, colour, sound, 22 min
- Josh Kline: Forever 48 (Whitney), 2013, HD video, colour, sound, 16 min 6 sec
- Lucy Clout: The Extra’s Ever-Moving Lips, HD video, colour, sound, 7 min 40 sec
- Stewart Uoo, Confessions (9 women), 2012, HD video, colour, sound, 6 min 52 sec
This event is presented in association with the ICA with support from The Foyle Foundation.
Venue: Studio 74, Exeter Phoenix