*A note on transaction fees
A small £1.50 fee is added to each transaction. This covers the cost of getting your tickets booked, that’s everything from the booking software to card charges. We don’t charge this to make a profit.
Dir. Mélanie Laurent and Cyril Dion, France, 118 mins, 2015
- Sun 24 Sep: 4pm
- Tue 26 Sep: 6:15pm + post-screening Q&A
When the Journal Nature stated the possible extinction of a part of mankind before the end of the 21st century filmmakers Cyril Dion and Mélanie Laurent carried out an investigation to figure out what may lead to this disaster and above all how to avoid it.
During their journey, they met the pioneers who are re-inventing agriculture, energy, economy, democracy and education. Joining those concrete and positive actions, which are already working, they began to figure out what could be tomorrow’s world…
Showing solutions with affirmation and inspiration Demain may be the best way to solve the ecological, economical and social crises affecting the globe.
This screening is presented in partnership with Transition Exeter, a local response to the global challenges of climate change, economic hardship, and shrinking supplies of cheap energy. Transition Exeter exists to encourage and support actions which work towards:
- Energy efficiency, renewable energy and reduced dependence on fossil fuels
- Sustainable forms of transport
- Development of a sustainable economy
- Local production of food and other goods and services
- Reduction of consumption and waste
- Community building and mutual support
- Adapting to the negative impacts that we already expect will come our way
F-Rating is a new rating for films directed by women, written by women and/or with significant female characters on screen, in their own right. Find out more here >>
Venue: Studio 74, Exeter Phoenix