*Please note that there is a £1.50 fee per transaction
Introduction to Dressmaking With Arrietty
FIVE WEEK COURSE
Please note that you will need to be able to use a sewing machine independently to join this course. If you are not confident using a machine please look at the suitability of our Sewing Basics course.
During this 5 week course you will learn how to make a sleeveless shift dress (pattern provided). You will cover:
- Background to adapting a pattern to fit your measurements
- How to read a pattern and cut out your fabric
- Add darts
- Insert a zip
- Use facings
- Sewing hems
- Getting the right length and change the neck-line of your dress
Workshop attendees get 10% off all food and hot drinks at the Café Bar.
Laurel Coxon (BA Hons Textiles) is a textiles practitioner and tutor at Exeter College. She has also been running her own business for the last 4 years, selling her designs and teaching classes.
Once you have booked yourself onto this course, please send an email to email@example.com ASAP to let us know:
- Your bust, waist and hips measurements. We need this to prepare your patterns. (If in doubt, go for widest, narrowest and widest measurement for each)
- Whether you would like to use your own sewing machine, or if you would like to use one of ours.
Week one is pattern adapting and no machine or fabric is required. All you need for the first week is:
- A pen and paper
- Basic sewing kit (if you have one)
In week two, you will need to provide your own fabric, guidance to the best types of fabric to use will be given in week one. Please get in touch if you have any queries.
Venue: Exeter Phoenix