Do you wish that you could keep up with social media? Are you confused about retweets, mentions and how to get more followers?
Anxious about getting twitter etiquette wrong?
Exeter Phoenix presents Twitter Tips, run by twitter & social media expert Claire Bryden (otherwise known as @ShinyShoeClaire).
The course includes:
* The background to social media – what is it exactly?
* Customise your twitter include background profile pic and write an effective description (plus a case study on what to do and what not to do)
* How to tweet (and avoid the 3 main pitfalls)
* How, who and why to follow
* Interacting on twitter – what’s the difference between mentions, retweets, hash tags (and how to use them correctly)
* Searching for what you want
* Using applications with twitter (are you a designer? Travel lots? Write? Make art? Need to tweet out of office hours? Discover the applications to use)
What do you need to bring?
Yourself – make sure you’ve already signed up to twitter (go to www.twitter.com & click ‘Sign Up’)
A wifi enabled device (e.g. Laptop, mobile, iPad). This isn’t essential, but I find that some people like to follow what I’m doing themselves. This element of practicality means that you achieve instantly.