This is where we post opportunities for artists, performers, filmmakers and anyone wanting to get involved in a creative project.
Creative Opportunities at Exeter Phoenix
Creative Opportunities Elsewhere
OPPORTUNITY: By The Numbers Productions are looking for cast and crew to join our team for Mother’s Boy, the second short film by award winning Exeter based writer-director, Nichola Tetlow.
CONTACT:For more information please contact Victoria - email@example.com
- Art Director: This role will involve being instrumental in the design, selection and creation process
- for locations, sets and props. Please note: this a live action film, and we will be working predominantly on location, but will require interior sets to be built for some scenes.
- Costume Designer: We are looking for someone with a knowledge of contemporary fashion who will be able
- to advise on selection of costumes for the 3 main characters.
- Jo (playing age 10, actual age 8-14): Jo is a friendly boy who has become introverted due to the strain
- of the breakdown of his family. He is skinny, his appetite often affected by the circumstances at home.
- Ron (playing age mid 40s, actual age 35-50): Ron is a quiet and focused man. He is a builder and handiman
- by trade. Ron loves his son very much, and looks forward to the day when he has a suitable home for them to live in together again. He spends as much time with Jo as he can, and does not realise the full extent of how abandoned Jo feels.
- Wendy (playing age mid 30s, actual age 30-40): Wendy has a long history of theft. She operates via
- a skewed moral compass and does not empathise well with others. She speaks slightly too loud and slightly too slow. Despite appearances to the contrary, we discover in the course of the film that she does love her son, but does not understand how to be a
- good mother.
- Filming is scheduled for the last two weeks in October (exact dates TBC), the project will be crowdfunded,
- and as such is expenses only.
- The positions would be suitable for those looking to contribute to a worthwhile project, and/or gain
- valuable experience on set.