Image credit: Liz West, Tempo, 2013
This is where we post Exeter Phoenix job vacancies. For volunteering, work experience and other creative opportunities, head over to the Creative Hub here >>
Exeter Phoenix Vacancies:
Opportunity: Casual Front of House Duty Manager
We are looking for a casual Front of House Duty Manager to join our friendly team, approx. 12 hours per week on a rota basis.
You will be required to work evenings (including some very late finishes. managing DJ events) weekends and the occasional weekday cover. Full training will be provided.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the comfort and wellbeing of all visitors, helping to maintain a fun, supportive and inclusive environment.
- Work closely with the Visitor Services Manager and Front of House Manager to ensure the safety of Visitors to the building, ensuring that the necessary Health and Safety checks and daily checks are carried out.
- Act as Duty Manager at performances and screenings, music and late night DJ events.
- Welcoming artists, performers and promoters to the building taking care of their needs.
- Welcoming our visitors with excellent customer care, exceeding their expectations.
- Being the Duty Manager in charge of a team of security personnel.
- Working with Exeter Phoenix Volunteers and supporting their work with us.
- Working closely with the Bar Manager/Supervisor to ensure the smooth and safe running of events.
- To sell tickets using the Spektrix ticketing system and be proactive in upselling events.
- A key holder, taking responsibility for opening and locking up procedures as required.
- Confidence, tact and skill in dealing with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of health and safety issues and a commitment to safe working practices.
- Willingness, energy and enthusiasm for working late nights and to multitask.
- Willingness to be trained and to act as first aider and fire warden.
- Extremely strong communication and customer care skills.
- Previous events management work will be an advantage but full training will be provided.
- Strong team player with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise.
OPPORTUNITY: Board Members Required
Exeter Phoenix is recruiting for new Board members. This is a voluntary position which involves attending bi-monthly Board meetings (generally at 5pm on a Wednesday), plus potential attendance of occasional sub committee and other meetings as required. Preference will be given to those who are particularly able to draw on knowledge and experience gained in:
– Visual Art or Cinema
– Legal and Financial
– Business Development
Members will be expected to provide support and enthusiasm for the organisation as well as be a strong advocate for it.
For an initial discussion please contact the Company Secretary here >>
OPPORTUNITY: Freelance Technicians Wanted
TYPE: Lighting and sound
MORE INFO: We’re looking for freelance technicians to assist with lighting and sound at Exeter Phoenix events. Experience is a must. Ideal candidates should be passionate about what they do, flexible to work evenings and weekends and happy to assist with a wide range of events in the Exeter Phoenix programme, including live music, theatre, and DJ nights. If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to Rick Wolkers, technical manager at Exeter Phoenix.