Two Short Nights
48 Hour Film Challenge
CAN YOU PLAN, SHOOT AND EDIT A FILM IN JUST 48 HOURS?
Do you have what it takes to make a film in just 48 hours? For the 13th year running Two Short Nights invites filmmakers to take part in this inspiring test of creativity. No previous film experience needed, just a good imagination and a camera.
This years 48 Hour Film Challenge will start on Friday 1 November at 6pm at Exeter Phoenix. Films made within the 48 hours will have the chance to be screened on Friday 29 November at Two Short Nights Festival 2019 and are eligible for the prestigious 48 Hour Film Award.
Registration closes on Wednesday 30 October.
Filmmaking kit is available to hire in advance from Exeter Phoenix and we’ll be offering 48 film challenge participants concessionary rates. See what kit is available here >>
- Teams will be able to register from Tue 1 Oct.
- Registration closes on Wed 30 Oct.
- Teams can be any size.
- Each team must include someone who is over 18 years old.
- Once a team has registered they will be asked to arrive on the evening of Fri 1 Nov at Exeter Phoenix to pick up their assignment brief. Teams will receive a confirmation pack via email a few days before the challenge. This will include more details about the challenge and what you will need to do on the night.
- Teams must use the inspiration found in the assignment brief to write, shoot and edit a film in 48 hours.
- Teams must submit their completed films by the evening of Sun 3 Nov, 48 hours after being given the brief.
- Submitted films are judged and the final selection are screened at Two Short Nights Film Festival. All films screened at the festival will be voted for by the festival audience and are eligible for the Best 48 Hour Film Award.
- Tue 1 Oct – Launch
- Wed 30 Oct – Registration Closes
- Fri 1 Nov – Competition Starts 6PM
- Sun 3 Nov – Competition Ends 7PM
To see previous 48 hour film challenge winners’ films, check out our Vimeo >>