48 Hour Film Challenge
Team registration is now open!
For the 12th year running Two Short Nights invites filmmakers to take part in this inspiring challenge. No previous film experience is needed, just a good imagination and a camera.
Teams are invited to accept the courageous and enduring task of writing, shooting and editing a 3 minute film in just 48 hours. Teams will be presented with a theme, prop and piece of text before being set free on their missions to win the much coveted 48 Hour Film Award.
Films made within the 48 hours will have the chance to be screened at Two Short Nights Film Festival 2018 on Fri 30 Nov and are eligible for two festival awards.
Filmmaking kit is available to hire in advance from Exeter Phoenix and we’ll be offering 48 film challenge participants concessionary rates. See what kit is available here >>.
- Teams will be able to register from Mon 8 Oct 2018. Registration closes on Wed 7 Nov 2018.
- Teams can be any size.
- Each team must include someone who is over 18 years old.
- Once a team has registered they will be asked to arrive on the evening of Fri 9 Nov at Exeter Phoenix to pick up their assignment brief. Teams will receive a confirmation pack via email a few days before the challenge. This will include more details about the challenge and what you will need to do on the night.
- Teams must use the inspiration found in the assignment brief to write, shoot and edit a film in 48 hours.
- Teams must submit their completed films by the evening of Sun 11 Nov, 48 hours after being given the brief.
- Submitted films are judged and the final selection are screened at Two Short Nights Film Festival. All films screened at the festival will be voted for by the festival audience and are eligible for the Best 48 Hour Film Award.
The deadline for sign ups has now passed.
Tickets for the screening of the 48 Hour Film Challenge films can be found here >>