*Subject to a £1 ticketing system charge. We don’t charge this to make a profit. Find out more >>
This course will offer an in-depth introduction to Adobe Photoshop and prepare you with an understanding of how to use the programme to benefit your work.
The workshop will teach you to:
- Navigate your way around the programme.
- Import images and introduce you to the tools and commands to get your projects started.
- You will learn how to modify, manipulate and scale images.
- Manage layers, amend modes and adjust to incorporate backgrounds.
- You will discover how to use text, colour control, drawing, shapes and brushes as well as how to use different styles for various audiences.
Individual needs will be catered for where possible. All courses are taught on Apple Mac computers and skills learnt are transferable to PC.
Workshop attendees get 10% off all food and hot drinks at the Café Bar.
Course Leader – John Wigzell
John Wigzell is a professional graphic designer based in Exeter.
Originally trained in graphic design and photography, John has years’ experience working with creative technology. He spent a number of years coordinating a digitisation project in the British Film Institute’s Stills, Posters and Designs archive and has worked as a technical specialist in a busy design studio serving the UK Government. He now works as a graphic designer and website developer, and loves to share his knowledge of typography, publishing, digital imaging and web standards with anyone who’ll listen.