*Subject to a £1.50 ticketing system charge. We don’t charge this to make a profit. Find out more >>
Five Week Course: Starting from Wed 24 Apr
A step-by-step journey introducing you to basic and intermediate drawing techniques. Beginners drawing is a five-week course and our tutors will take you through a step-by-step journey introducing you to basic and intermediate drawing techniques.
- Week 1: Thinking about tone and mark making. The language of art
- Week 2: Drawing 3D objects. Drawing in black and white
- Week 3: Shape and space, drawing construction
- Week 4: Colour and tone, working on complimenting colour palettes
- Week 5: Applying your knowledge to a final piece
Our tutors are artists and qualified teachers specialising in teaching students of all abilities and can offer an insight into both historical and contemporary art. Basic materials are provided.
Tutor: Sarah John – BA Hons Applied Arts (Ceramics)/PTLLS
Sarah is a practising ceramics and fine artist and is a regular tutor at Exeter Phoenix. Observation of human and natural form (in both 2D and 3D media) has remained central to her interests. Sarah focuses on learning ‘ways to see’, that are key for expressing the world of form around us, and on sharing skills and techniques in an informal atmosphere, which bring out the best creative ideas.
Cafe Bar Discount
Workshop attendees get 10% food at hot drinks at our Café Bar.