*Subject to a £1.50 ticketing system charge. We don’t charge this to make a profit. Find out more >>
FRONT ROOM PHOENIX
Exeter Phoenix is teaming up with Dr Maggie Irving of Comedy Matters. Laughter has been crucial during these challenging times. And now there’s a chance for you to develop and sharpen your comedy skills with an online stand up comedy course. This innovative event is helping raise funds for Exeter Phoenix.
Morning Writing/Performing Comedy Class With Dr Maggie Irving
Join Dr Maggie Irving for a five day, online comedy course where you will be guided to:
- Write a tight 5 min set from scratch
- Turn everyday conversations with others (or yourself) into comedy gold..
- Learn to manipulate language – your voice and body.
- Develop jokes through a number approaches. No pressure to be funny. Advice on making material funny or even funnier will be provided.
- Create strong persona to connect with audience
There will be an online graduation gig on Fri 3 Jul from 7pm – 9pm.
Dr Maggie Irving is a comedian, speaker and teacher of drama and performance. Trained with Jennie Éclair, Tony Allen, Philippe Gaulier, John Wright and Keith Johnstone. Passionate about humour and the benefits laughter brings to people, she creates workshops and events where people can come learn and laugh together in a safe and supportive space.
Evening Class Option
There is also the option to attend this as an evening course, with classes from 7-9pm. Find out more and register for the evening class here >>