National Lottery Cinema Day
National Lottery Cinema Day is back in 2019!
Every time you play the National Lottery you’re supporting UK film production, exhibition and innovation, as well as community projects across the country.
To say THANK YOU, venues nationwide (including us!) are inviting you to see a FREE film on Sunday 25 August with your ticket from Saturday 24 August’s Lotto Double Prize Event draw.
Tickets for the screenings are only available on the day from our box office. We’re anticipating the day to be very popular so we suggest getting your tickets early on the day – tickets will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
Since The National Lottery’s first draw took place on 19 November 1994, more than £40 billion has been raised for good causes in the areas of arts, sport, heritage and community. The 25th birthday is a moment to celebrate the extraordinary impact The National Lottery has had on the UK, and to say thank you to National Lottery players for contributing around £30 million to good causes every week.
The National Lottery has made more than 5,350 millionaires but its primary purpose is giving to good causes – over 565,000 individual grants have been awarded across the UK, that’s the equivalent of 200 life-changing projects in every UK postcode district.
What Films Are On Offer?
Dir. Harry Wootliff
118mins | 2018 | UK
Layla Costa, Josh O’Connor
Nominated for London Film Festival’s Best First Feature award, Only You follows the story of Elena and Jake, who on New Year’s Eve meet by chance fighting for the same taxi.
Dir. Robert Bresson
88 mins | 1969 | France
French with English Subtitles
Bresson’s ninth feature film but his first made in colour, Une Femme Douce has, since its original release, disappeared from UK screens and become a forgotten classic of French cinema.
Dir. Sophie Hyde
109 mins | 2019 | UK, Australia, Ireland
Laura and Tyler are soulmates. Thirty-something best friends and revellers residing in Dublin, they are ingrained in the fabric of each other’s lives; dating, partying, drinking and living their life without limitations.
Terms & Conditions
- Each line on an eligible National Lottery ticket for the Lotto Double Prize Event on 24th August 2019 provides free entry for one adult to any one film of your choosing on 25th August 2019 only. Free cinema tickets are subject to availability and will be offered on a first-come first-served basis. Persons under 16 years old are not eligible for free tickets.
- Tickets for the screenings are only available on the day from our box office. We’re anticipating the day to be very popular so we suggest getting your tickets early on the day – tickets will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
- Eligible Lotto tickets should not be exchanged for free cinema tickets but must be shown at your chosen cinema to claim your free adult cinema ticket.
- Entrance to a screening is subject to film age certification regulations.
- Free tickets have no cash value and cannot be exchanged.
- The promoters are Camelot UK Lotteries Limited (“Camelot”) and Exeter Phoenix.
- Each participating cinema has the right to refuse entry in the event of a cinema reaching capacity, as well as under any other reasonable circumstances.
- In the event of queries on the day, the decision of the cinema manager is final.