*Subject to a £1.50 ticketing system charge. We don’t charge this to make a profit. Find out more >>
FRONT ROOM PHOENIX
Exeter Phoenix is teaming up with Dr Maggie Irving of Comedy Matters. Laughter has been crucial during these challenging times. And now there’s a chance for you to develop and sharpen your comedy skills with an online comedy course. This innovative event is helping raise funds for Exeter Phoenix.
To Womb it May Concern: Confidence through Comedy Workshop for Women
A one day online workshop
A chance for women to learn how comedy and stand up can improve confidence and build communication skills for professional and personal use.
What will we work on?
- We will engage in stimulating and playful exercises to help build relationships and allow people to be ‘seen and heard’.
- Creating an understanding of the fundamentals of making comedy
- Building knowledge on using language and physical expression to create connections with others and generate laughter
- Developing an expressive speaking / unique comedy voice
- Telling our stories and sharing our unique points of view
- Addressing the camera for various uses, including: Facebook Live, vlogs, poetry reading and podcasts etc.
Don’t worry –no pressure to be funny or have experience of
Dr Maggie Irving is a teacher, comedian & researcher. Trained with Jennie Eclair, Tony Allen, Philippe Gaulier, John Wright and Keith Johnstone.
How To Take Part
This workshop will be hosted online through Zoom. Book a ticket, and we will send you a link to the Zoom Meeting Room before the class begins.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
- Online evening writing/performing comedy class. Book now >>
- Online six week writing/performing comedy class. Book now >>