*Subject to a £1.50 ticketing system charge. We don’t charge this to make a profit. Find out more >>
Events Temporarily Postponed
In response to the developing coronavirus situation in the UK, Exeter Phoenix is currently closed to the public. This is a temporary measure and we reviewing this on a month-by-month basis. No events will be taking place during April – the vast majority of events will be rescheduled for later in the year.
Please note that the team are working through rescheduling a very high volume of events, but please rest assured we will be in touch with all ticket holders in due course. Please bear with us during this time.
Unprecedented closures like this with no confirmed government support will be hugely damaging for charities like Exeter Phoenix and many other sectors. If you are in a position to consider making a donation HERE, we would be extremely grateful.
Two Day Course
- Mon 20 Apr: 10am – 5pm
- Tue 21 Apr: 10am – 5pm
This is an intensive introduction to creating a new website using the powerful, user-friendly software WordPress.
Over the two days you will learn to:
- Set up a WordPress website (optionally use can use your own domain and set up webhosting)*
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Publish posts to speak with your audience
- Create content pages to display your products/services
- Arrange and personalise the website menus
- Embed and manage a range of media, including images, videos and adverts
- Use WordPress Themes and make your site personalised.
- Insert Widgets and add plugins
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
Individual needs will be catered for where possible. All courses are taught on Apple Mac computers. WordPress is open source web-based software so all skills learnt are transferable to PC (bring your own laptop if you prefer).
We highly recommend attending our Introduction to Apple Mac course if you are new to Apple Mac before attending any of our digital courses.
*Setting up web hosting and registering a domain will require purchasing services from third party providers, your tutor will guide you through the best available options.
Workshop attendees get 10% off all food and hot drinks at the Café Bar.
“Inspiring, useful, brilliant”