*Subject to a £1 ticketing system charge. We don’t charge this to make a profit. Find out more >>
Spread across five weeks, these morning sessions will introduce you to creating a new website using the powerful, user-friendly software WordPress.
Over the five weeks you will learn to:
- Set up a WordPress website, including acquiring a domain name and web hosting*
- Use themes and frameworks to customise the appearance and structure of your website
- Learn how to plan a website project and structure your content
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Publish posts to speak with your audience
- Create pages to display your products/services
- Arrange and personalise the website menus
- Embed and manage a range of media, including images, videos and adverts
- Use widgets and install plugins
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
Individual needs will be catered for where possible. All courses are taught on Apple Mac computers. WordPress is open source web-based software so all skills learnt are transferable to PC (bring your own laptop if you prefer). We highly recommend attending our Introduction to Apple Mac course if you are new to Apple Mac before attending any of our digital courses.
Workshop attendees get 10% off all food and hot drinks at the Café Bar.
*Setting up web hosting and registering a domain will require purchasing services from third party providers, your tutor will guide you through the best available options.