We are delighted to announce that we are taking the first steps towards reopening Exeter Phoenix. Our Café Bar terrace is now open for food, coffees and drinks!
Tuesday, Wednesday: 10am-3pm
Friday, Saturday: 10am-11pm
Opening hours are subject to change
We can’t wait to welcome you back – we have missed you! Before you join us, we want to reassure you that this is a safe space for customers and staff during this time. We’d like to share the new house rules with you so you can familiarise yourself before joining us. These will be clearly communicated on site too.
View our daytime menu here >>
We will be taking part in the government’s Eat Out To Help Out scheme, meaning 50% off food and non-alcoholic drinks (including coffees!) up to a value of £10 per person, valid Mon-Wed throughout August.
- When you arrive, please head to the terrace steps to enter. These are to the right hand side of the main entrance. If you need step-free access to the building, please let one of the team know or call 01392 667062.
- Please give way to customers descending and maintain social distancing whilst waiting for a member of the team to seat you.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the terrace. There will be additional hand sanitising stations at key locations around the terrace.
- On arrival, a member of the team will seat you at your table and take your name and phone number in accordance with NHS Test & Trace measures. This information will be deleted after 21 days.
- We are not currently accepting groups of more than 6 people.
- Please be considerate to other customers when smoking in the designated smoking area. The terrace is currently a no-vaping zone. This is being kept under review.
- We will be operating waiter service, with all orders and payments taking place at table.
- Our toilets in the cinema wing of the building will be open. Please follow the signs.
- Expect a stripped back look – we have removed everything that is not essential from your tables (such as condiments and flowers).
- All furniture, menus, cruet, condiments etc are being fully sanitised between customers
- Our cleaning procedures on opening, closing and during service will be increased, with regular toilet checks.
- Here at Exeter Phoenix, we will continue to use real glass, real crockery, and real cutlery as standard, all of which will be sterilised after use.
We will be accepting bookings, for up to 50% of our tables at any given time, leaving the rest for ad hoc customers. If you wish to book at table please call 01392 667062. The Café Bar currently has a reduced staff team, and while we may not be available to answer the phone during peak service, please leave a message and we get back to you ASAP.