Throughout our programme you will see the ‘F-Rated’ logo accompanying specific films. Studio 74 is proud to champion women in film, and we are delighted to be part of the F-Rating movement.
Developed by Bath Film Festival and now expanding across the UK, the F-Rating is a new film rating which highlight films made by and featuring women.
Any film that answers yes to one of these questions is awarded the F-Rating stamp of approval:
- Does it have a female director?
- Is it written by a woman?
- Are there significant female characters on screen in their own right?
Any film that answers yes to all three of the questions is awarded Triple F-Rated status.
The aims of the F-Rating are:
- To champion women in film and highlight the fantastic work they are doing.
- To encourage conversation around who tells the stories we see on screen – and whether that matters.
- To act like a Fairtrade stamp, giving the audience an opportunity to #VoteWithYourSeat, and support women in film.
Find out what F-Rated films are coming up here or look out for the F-Rated logos on our film pages.