*Subject to a £1.50 ticketing system charge. We don’t charge this to make a profit. Find out more >>
FRONT ROOM PHOENIX
Exeter Phoenix is teaming up with Dr Maggie Irving of Comedy Matters. Laughter has been crucial during these challenging times. And now there’s a chance for you to develop and sharpen your comedy skills with an online comedy course. This innovative event is helping raise funds for Exeter Phoenix.
Writing & Performing Comedy Classes
Six Week Online Course
- Tue 15 Sep, 7.30-9.30pm
- Tue 22 Sep, 7.30-9.30pm
- Tue 29 Sep, 7.30-9.30pm
- Tue 6 Oct, 7.30-9.30pm
- Tue 13 Oct, 7.30-9.30pm
- Tue 20 Oct, 7.30-9.30pm
For people who want to explore how humour is generated & performed, and how it can help improve confidence and performance skills for professional and personal use.
Techniques such as crafting jokes, developing stories and understanding the potential of physical language/gesture, will be demonstrated and practiced.
What will you learn?
- An understanding of the fundamentals to creating comedy
- Techniques to enhance your speaking skills and comedy voice
- How to draw on your experiences/stories to ‘find the funny’
- Language and physical expression
- How to address the camera and utilise it for Facebook Live, Vlogs, poetry reading and podcasts etc.
There is no pressure to be funny; advice provided throughout the course.
Dr Maggie Irving is a teacher, comedian & researcher. Trained with Jennie Eclair, Tony Allen, Philippe Gaulier, John Wright and Keith Johnstone.
How To Take Part
This workshop will be hosted online through Zoom. Book a ticket, and we will send you a link to the Zoom Meeting Room before the class begins.
You May Also Like…
- Online evening writing/performing comedy class. Book now >>
- Online one day Confidence Through Comedy workshop for women. Book now >>